GDI and System Resources leaks

Started by
2 comments, last by keat 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I'm developping a DirectX application on windows 98. I am currently using SetDisplayMode to change the Display mode in fullscreen. I've noticed that when the video mode is different than the one used in Windows a there is a leak in System Resources and GDI Resources (around 1% every 5 Open and Close applications). Even the sample of DirectX 7 and 8 in fullscreen are causing the same leak. I know it may seem a ridiculous amount of resource lost but it really matters ! Thanks, Keat [edited by - Keat on May 29, 2002 4:12:09 PM]
Advertisement

Got the same problem here. I''m mostly using DDraw7 and I''ve noticed about .2% GDI resource lost per initialization under Win98. I didn''t find any resource leak in my code so I''m assuming it''s not fixable. Any other opinion ?

M.
This may not be a directX problem. Im running W2K Pro and I dont have this problem and I watch system resources very closely. Check to see if u missed any win98 updates.
The problem is only noticeable under win98. I''ve tested the application on a Win2K platform and there is no leaks at all. I think there''s a difference in the management of the resources between Win98 and W2k & XP.

Keat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement