• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loading pcx textures with Direct3d

This topic is 5746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a function that loads a PCX file as a texture. Note: I found this code in the GameDev forum. The problem that I'm having is that I can't load a PCX texture properly unless it's something like 256, 512, ect. (obvious hardware issue which I know about). Yet I have textures from the quake game that are odd dimensions. The way I have it working is I manually edit the dimensions in photoshop stretching them to these limits (this works fine). But what I'd like to do now is load them as is. The way I'm thinking of doing it is to load them onto a surface and then copy them over to a texture were direct3d will automatically stretch them to fit. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Here is the link to the source code that I found on this forum: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=56333 [edited by - MagTDK on May 29, 2002 3:22:18 PM]

Advertisement

Well, that didn''t work. Anyone know how I can stretch an image from lets say 296x194 to 256x256 in Direct3D?

Or better yet, does anyone have a PCX image loader for DirectX?

why are you even bothering with pcx?
just wondering
D3DX can load almost anything nowadays, just go with bmp/jpg/tga/png/...

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
My S(h)ite

Unfortunatly I don''t have much of a choice since Quake 2''s textures are saved in the pcx format. And I''d rather not spend all day converting a bunch of pcx files over to something like bmp.

• Advertisement