• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

extralongpants

point rotation around normalized vertices

This topic is 5982 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ugh, vector troubles... I''m having trouble with rotating points around specified vectors. I don''t want to use the glRotate() functions, as it is important for me to manually calculate my points for collision detection and such. If someone could direct me to a good article or provide me with some pseudo code, that would be great. i would greatly appreciate any help. thanks. i hate stupid people

Advertisement
sounds like you need to learn how to use matricies.

and I don't like your sig.
"I hate stupid people..."
thats just sad.

[edited by - RipTorn on May 29, 2002 7:23:21 PM]

well, i found a function to help me, and so i am able to avoid big clumsy matrices (i should have mentioned that i was trying to avoid them).

why did you not like my sig? Its fun to be blatantly offensive. humor - its nice.
besides, if i really hated stupid people i wouldn''t post it all over the internet - stupid people control the world and i''d be dead.

----------------------------
i hate stupid people

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!