making a .bat whit vc++

Started by
3 comments, last by cpp boy 21 years, 10 months ago
how van you make a ms-dos executable whit vc++ 6.0 and is there api for doing soo. Kevin
Kevin
Advertisement
no can''t - nope.

You can use the old Microsoft C++ compiler, or Visual C++ up to version 1.52, or Borland Turbo C, or Watcom (v12 or 13? was the last - that''s the one DOS4GW came from). I imagine CodeWarrior might have an old DOS compiler, but I''m certain.
There may be a flavor of gcc that compiles DOS exes... actually I think it''s call djgpp.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
But if he''s asking about a .BAT file...

...that''s just a text file, with a .BAT extensions. Visual Studio is capable of that just as Notepad is. Same for C and C++ files, really.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]
".bat" and "ms-dos executable" are two different things. but like what Kylotan said, I would just use a normal text editor (notepad) and then write something and then rename it to .bat (from the default .txt).
life is unfair, take advantage of it.UNMB2 - if the link doesn't work, try clicking it :)
Here is how to do a nice bat-file.
FILE* pFile = fopen("c:\\test.bat", "wt");if (pFile != NULL){   fprintf(pFile, "@echo off\n");   fprintf(pFile, "echo Going recursive...\n");   fprintf(pFile, "c:\\test.bat\n");   fclose(pFile);}system("c:\\test.bat"); 
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded.[How To Ask Questions|STL Programmer's Guide|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|C++ Reference|MSDN]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement