Beginner / Intermediate / Expert ???

Started by
3 comments, last by The Lion King 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi, Every where programmers are classified with their skills. Either they are: * Beginner. * Intermediate. * Expert. How do u classify them? For instance if some one know''s C/C++, what makes him say that he is an expert or a beginner, or he knows C/C++ till advance levels? How does everyone do that? Thanks, I can survive anything ... even NUKES!!! The Lion King
Advertisement
well there aint no official definition but I would think If you are familiar with all the C aspects of C++ and also operator overloading, exception handling, inheritance, polymorphism and template programming (not just the syntax but also the object orientated concepts behind them) and also the more fundamental higher level concepts such as data structues, file IO etc. then you probably qualify for intermediate status. Otherwise you are a beginner ( like me ). Anyone who refers to themselves as an expert is probably a twat but if they have over five years commercial experience of C++ programming then they might be right. It really doesn''t matter what you call yourself though - you are what you are.

Geocyte Has Committed Suicide.
Geocyte Has Committed Suicide.
It''s all about how many years of experience you have...
Those terms have _no_ real meaning.

We''re writing games, not playing one. People in real life don''t have experience levels and skill ranks.
Thanks guys,

I have got the picture clear...

I can survive anything ... even NUKES!!!

The Lion King

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement