• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ttjkim

I want to get directx9 sdk

This topic is 5840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
You have to be signed up to the DirectX beta program to get DirectX 9. Unless you''re desperate to get at some of the new features of DX 9 I would recommend staying with 8.1 for now. Although there are many new features, the code differences for existing features are fairly low, so converting at a later date won''t be much of a problem.

Rory.

I use c#. I need directx9.
let me know how to sign-up.(if it is possible now.)
or
Could you send me a attached mail? (if you already have a dx9 sdk)

tnanks.

Guest Anonymous Poster
*sign*

tough life again lol~~

Im going to say that you DONT need it. Cause if you did, it would have already been released. I could be wrong, but maybe, just maybe, since its not open to public, you DONT Need it..

The reason its not open to the public yet is that is needs testing! Although I''ve not had any problems with it so far, Microsoft need to try to track down as many bugs as possible before officially releasing it. Also the documentation is incredibly sparse right now because it is not yet finalised.

quote:
Original post by ttjkim
You must be on broadband or else you don''t know how big the DirectX SDK is.

If he''s using C# and says he needs DirectX9, it sounds to me like he wants to write managed code. From what I''ve heard, DirectX9 is supposed to be usable by managed code, so you can do things like write web apps that use DirectX9 in a web browser.

quote:
Original post by ttjkim

Anyone sending you their beta copy would likely be violating a fair portion of the agreement they signed with Microsoft (which would allow Microsoft to sue them for every penny they have).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!