.NET

Started by
3 comments, last by vaniXt 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys. Do you think C# and other .Net compliant languages good for programming? Is .Net framework good for programmers? I am just wondering since I am a database programmer concentrating on C# and have some plans in the future to pursue my life-long dream of becoming a computer game programmer. Thanks and expect more questions from me! LOL
Patience is just letting time pass by doing nothing.
Advertisement
Like most environments, .net can''t be said to be "good for programmers" or not.

It''s more suitable to a task or not. At the moment, .net is quite unproven for games, c++ being the most popular.

Whether .net is better for games or not I don''t know. I''ve not used it.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Hi guys.
Hello, and welcome!

Do you think C# and other .Net compliant languages good for programming?
Yes.

Is .Net framework good for programmers?
Yes.

However, not (currently) for game programming. Sure, you can make games using them, but for raw power and performance you''ll be hard pressed to be C or C++ for the next couple of years. As processors beef up and gaming frameworks are built, however, the playing field will level and languages like C#, Java and JavaScript (that includes other scripting languages like Python and *gasp* Perl) will really gain prominence.
Thanks for enlightening me. So if I have to start studying now, am I better off with C/C++ or just continue what I started(.NET languages)?

Patience is just letting time pass by doing nothing.
The industry standart is C++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement