• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Environment mapping

This topic is 5810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey people, not a particulary OpenGL related question, but here it goes: I''m really getting into OpenGL environment mapping, I thinks its cool, I was just wondering if anyone knew of how I could create my own textures to get effects such as a gold reflection (like the golden gun in the N64 game Goldeneye) or a silver one, or any metallic colour??? I have one texture (from Nehe''s early space ship demo - the skull clock), this gives me a great effect, but I would really like to do my own textures, or get free ones that I can use in my game.... Any info or tips would be great! Thanx, all the best, Dan P.S. I havnt looked at NeHe''s demos recently, just the ones bundled with the book OpenGl Game programming, and this is probably a redundant comment, but has it been mentioned that if he enabled cheapo lighting just before the main loop, the environment mapping would look much, much better... Transformers Rulez!!

Advertisement

• Advertisement