• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrono Trigger

This topic is 5691 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have to say, after playing this game for the first time, it is AWESOME! I say even better than FF4. One problem though: everyhting happens right when you bring Chrono to the area. Like when Marle disappears the second time. And I just forgot the other one. Anyway, I have to say that any game made like this, even with the same engine, would frickin RULE! I propose a Chrono Trigger "re-make". Totally new story and all, but same battle system and stuff. I loved it and I would love to make a game just like it, but... different. I know the story made the game rock, but heck, why not make a cool story ourselves?

Advertisement
All I have to say here is, "hell yeah! Chrono Trigger rocks!" You know there are something like 14 different endings depending on what stage of the game you try to fight Lavos.

Btw, does Chrono Cross (stunningly beautiful psx game) not have some relationship with Chrono Trigger? I''m not sure...

A remake of Chrono Trigger would be great. The trick is trying not to copy all of the original ideas (like the trial) but stay faithful to the original.

The first, big question: should the time travel part be copied in a remake, or some other plot device used in its place?

Chrono Cross isn''t a sequel, in the tranditional sense, but it borrows from some events, plot devices, and story of Chrono Trigger. I still think it doesn''t compare to Chrono Trigger.

I agree that it compares in no way. Also, I was thinking about only using that type of graphics and battle system and stuff; not exactly the story or characters or plot device. I was thinking that we could make it different by having the character wonder like in Pokemon instead of traditional RPGs where there is an "Overworld Map" and stuff. I think it should all be a big map put together. You could plop out a map or something to make sure you were going in the right direction, but not just plop yourself somewhere by walking on the map. And, I think there should be (maybe) a way to bring like 10 people into your group to fight with you (well, maybe not 10, maybe 7). And there should be little things to pick up that can re-generate HP and MP. Also, random fights (I know there aren''t any true "random fights", but you get what I mean) should be in real time. You just hit the action button to attack with the weapon you have selected. This could save a TON of time. Cool huh?

just somthing you should know.

Chrono Cross in no way is the official sequal to chrono trigger.

The ACTUAL sequal was released for download on the satellaview for the SNES, which was only released in japan.

We get the idea...

Anywho, I'll need one additional designer to throw ideas around with for a while then you can stay or back down. You need to have a big love for 2D RPGs and Chrono Trigger. This person will need (not really, but it's a plus) to have AIM or AOL or anything that works with that. If you don't have any of those then e-mail will work. Also, if anyone just has any ideas, just post away.

COOLNESS!

[edited by - aramstudios on May 31, 2002 1:05:56 PM]

quote:
Original post by black_mage_s
just somthing you should know.

Chrono Cross in no way is the official sequal to chrono trigger.

sequel as in plot? not really...
but the ''Kid'' character was an orphan in Lucca''s orphanage and
Lynx is the one who burned it down and killed Lucca (and others
i believe). Which is why she spends the entire first half
of the game trying to kill lynx (and why she formed the radical
dreamers to begin with). In fact, chrono, marle, and lucca
make a guest appearance as ghosts before you fight the
keeper of time.
so yes, it does have some sequel elements.. much moreso than
the ff series for sure.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Guest Anonymous Poster
As far as I know, Chrono Cross is a remake of Radical Dreamers, the sequel to Chrono Trigger

Man it burns me up that the Chrono Trigger sequel never got translated!!!!

EDIT: Now I gotta learn Japanese...(sigh)

[edited by - TechnoHydra on June 3, 2002 9:51:39 AM]

IIRC Chrono Cross played in a parallel universe to the original Chrono Trigger. "Radical Dreamers" isn''t a real sequel either. It is more a side story. You might be very disappointed when you get to play it because it is a text adventure with some nice backgrounds (well, if you''re into that kind of games you might love it ).
That is funny:
quote:
...I would love to make a game just like it, but... different.

But don''t take my words too seriously; it is quite some time since I played any Chrono game.

Trigger was ten-times better than Cross. Not that I''ve played Cross, but I heard it sucked monkey balls.

COOLNESS!

Chrono does rock!
what else should you spect when you mix SquareSoft, makers of the FF series and Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragon Ball (original and Z)?

Well from what I know about Squaresoft during the old SNES days, Radical Dreamers was a psuedo-sequel to Crono Trigger. This was back when Squaresoft didn''t have much confidence in the American audience so it never came out here. In essence it was just a side-story (as already stated) where it told what happened after Crono n'' pals beat Lavos and saved the world. It introduced Kid which later makes an appearance in Crono Cross. The differences between Trigger and Cross and more on an intellectual sense. Trigger focused on the aspect of time travel while Cross focused on the existence of parallel worlds existing in sync with one another. Unless you play all the way through Crono Cross and throughly understand the plot and theme it tries to convey, you won''t be able to connect the dots between the relationship of the two games.. I must say this series is one of my favs now, and I loved the plot twists that Cross introduced that made you wonder more about the first game; I had to go back and play it again afterwards
Remember Ozzie,Flea,and Slash??? If you''re a hardcore fan like I am you''d know who they are named after.. hehe

Zorb

I think that square did a good job in writing the story for chrono cross. I mean, since chrono trigger involved time travel, it would have been a little hard to write a believable sequel involving the same set of characters, since they already saw their future, so we are supposed to know what happens to them. With chrono cross, at least they tied the two stories together, rather than just making a totally seperate game.

I agree that chrono trigger was better though.

quote:
Original post by Zorbfish Remember Ozzie,Flea,and Slash??? If you''re a hardcore fan like I am you''d know who they are named after.. hehe

ozzie osbourne, flea from red hot chilli peppers, and slash
from guns''n''roses?
this is just a wild guess, so if im wrong pay no attention

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

quote:
Original post by aramstudios
I was thinking that we could make it different by having the character wonder like in Pokemon instead of traditional RPGs where there is an "Overworld Map" and stuff. I think it should all be a big map put together. You could plop out a map or something to make sure you were going in the right direction, but not just plop yourself somewhere by walking on the map. And, I think there should be (maybe) a way to bring like 10 people into your group to fight with you (well, maybe not 10, maybe 7). And there should be little things to pick up that can re-generate HP and MP. Also, random fights (I know there aren''t any true "random fights", but you get what I mean) should be in real time. You just hit the action button to attack with the weapon you have selected. This could save a TON of time. Cool huh?

*sighs, shakes head*
Please, please, broaden your horizons and play some PC RPGs, not just console ones. Most of them already have some or all of these features.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]

quote:
loved it and I would love to make a game just like it, but... different

yeah well if its different then its not a game just like it anymore, this is exactly what happened with Chrono Cross IMO (which IMO was good but not as good and original as Trigger).

Now the BIG question pops: do you think Square will screw the Chrono universe with Chrono Break as they did with Chrono Cross?

- ZeroX

i'd love to see an unofficial CT sequel. it could take up where the original left off, but it would be formed by the fans. some new characters of course, and storyline..

just a thought

EDIT: it will be interesting to see how Chrono Break will do. I, personally, am looking forward to it.

[edited by - ateball3000 on June 7, 2002 3:15:53 PM]

no I never finished CC. I bought the game but instead of using my PS I used an emulator (to get better gfx, and so I can chat :D ), but had some issue with saving that sometimes wouldnt save right. I was in the 2nd CD already (which I heard it wasnt nowhere as long as the 1st one), but I lost my save, and the emulator issue left me just where you get Lynx.

oh yeah an unofficial CT sequel would be really good.

- ZeroX

Yes, Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPG I have ever played. Whoever thinks FF is good is out of his mind. Other than just blasting you with graphics, FF has lost its gameplay originality. okies, ppl will get mad at me saying this... but I really think CT has a lot more in it than FF series, graphics aside, imho. =)

Correct me if I am wrong, the sequel to CT is Chrono Cross? btw, I know of someone who was very pissed that Chrono and Marle didn''t kiss in the end. =)

ChronoTrigger is awesome as a stand-alone game. If it had gone through 10 sequels plus half a dozen spin-offs, however, it would have suffered just as badly as Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 10 are all better than ChronoTrigger, though, in my humble opinion.

If you want a REALLY good (almost as good as CT) non-FF game by Square, you should try Seiken Densetsu 3.

First of all, every Crono game that has come out has been good at usually at the end of a console''s game life. Break will be the first exception but I think it will be awesome anyways... I also like how Square is releasing Saga Unlimited at the same time because I love the Sagas (anyone who''s played them and are able to beat them has skills) and in regards to SD3 the Sieken Densetsu series has always rocked. I loved SD4 and hope to see the next in the line...

• Advertisement