What's after 3d?

Started by
57 comments, last by SamCN 21 years, 10 months ago
When VR is totally realistic, what ratio do you think you would spend in the VR worlds, as opposed to the real one? You''d still want to see your friends and family, but if they were plugged into the same VR world as you, you could visit them there. Unless your job involves moving physical objects in the real world, your work could be done in VR. Even then there''d be other ways to communicate with the real world. (robots controlled by you.) Would I ever bother travelling the 400 miles home to see my family, if I could get the EXACT same experience by plugging my brain into the wall? In the future, is it plausible we''ll all be fed interveinously with our mind shut-off to the real world? It''s hard for me to comprehend what objects/ideas we would value in such a world.
Advertisement
DirectSmell
quote:It''s hard for me to comprehend what objects/ideas we would value in such a world.

pretty much the same as now. Money, power, love, etc.

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Production][Articles][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

In the year 2000, we will commute to the moon in flying cars, and robot maids will serve us as dinner...
eventualy games will be like the matrix, there will be no distinction between the real world and the system.

which will bring us to the question.... why play games? its just like the real world, only not!

but it would be cool to drive a ferrari at 120 miles an hour and not worry about cops or killing yourself. yup. our grandkids are gona have some kick @$$ games!
Believe or not I will make all your virtual reality dreams come true. I wiil have a system that is based only on your hand movements, head movements, and feet. And I promise y`all it won`t be a failure. And to warn you, horror games will only be suitable for non scared people.
~ Zido
If you are reading this, then you are too attached to signatures!!
Well don''t keep us waiting. How does it work?

"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
You will use a lightweight visor that will fit any head size. There will be built in headphones with surround sound and the head set will also vibrate( you can adjust the vibration ). Microphones will also be made to go with them. In first person games, you can look around your environment in a game by moving your own head. And there are gloves you get too that will help you control aiming in shooting games, or steering in driving games. The feet movement is still being thought about. You only move by using a gadget you hold with your hand and move with the small joystick that is moved with your thumb. I will not tell anymore info until later.
If you are reading this, then you are too attached to signatures!!
A couple people mentioned holographic displays. This is in fact the near future I believe. I am having trouble finding it now, but I have heard a rumor, and seen a picture somewhere about Nintendo''s holographic display. I think this would be the next thing...headsets I think cause headaches too easy, and are more expensive. As far as neural input...uhm not for many many moons I think. That''s the distant distant future. We >STILL< don''t understand the brain.

-=Lohrno

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement