• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using _bstr_t BSTR wrapper class?

This topic is 5742 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Part 3 of my questions onabout the same topic. I''ve finally gotten C++ to (mostly)interact correctly with my VB ActiveX DLL. Problem is, string passing is kinda weird... I''m using #import directive and Smart COM pointers. The VB funcs that take strings are asking for an object of type _bstr_t, which is a wrapper for the wide character BSTR. At least, That''s what it looks like. I haven''t got any experience with writing Unicode compatible stuff. I''m trying to put basic text into this thing. I tried using swprintf with the second param as a string literal. It couldn''t make a string literal into a wchar_t. wchar_t is one of the types that I can give to the _bstr_t contructor and operator=. I can give it char* too, but I''m not sure that it is working, as my VB DLL does not seem to be getting the string. Any general help? ____________________________________________________________ Direct3D vs. OpenGL

Advertisement
_bstr_t has convenient overloads for adding character strings, if memory serves. I think it also converts between narrow and wide strings.

If you want a wide string literal, you prepend the single or double quote marks with an L.

e.g. std::wstring myWideString(L"This is wide");

[edited by - DrPizza on May 30, 2002 11:49:32 PM]

• Advertisement