Oldschool RPG development

Started by
3 comments, last by Abort_Retry_Fail 21 years, 10 months ago
I have a question about developing an RPG: How long would it take to finish a basic 2D role playing game with about 2-3 hours of daily effort on the project? I''m really into that genre, but I only have two people on my team - one programmer and one artist - so I''m not sure if creating an RPG of decent length is feasible. Is 8 months a realistic estimate?
Advertisement
That depends heavily on your level of ambition. Just to get something extreme basic up and running can be done in a matter of a few weeks - depending on your level of experience - but as your ambition grows so will the time to make it.
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
Well...

The only person that would know how long it could take is you.

If you are strick to yourself, push your forces into the deep hours of the night, commit yourself fully to the project, you can get it done whenever you say you will get it done.

If this is just a casual hobby, and you would usally do this in your spare time, you can get something really simple up and running in a few weeks.

If you like relaxing, taking it easy, set your deadline into the next centuary.

It''s all you need
Hi,
it also depends on your story and it''s details.
In my opinion programming the engine doesn''t take most efford but w´riting a good story is very difficult.
however, I think 8 months are enough.

cYa
DjR
cYaDjR====================may you be in heaven half an hourbefore devil knows you''re dead ;)
Heck, if you''re doing it just for fun, why finish at all? Keep working on it!
I can imagine a world without hate, a world without fear, a world without war. And I can imagine us attacking that world, because they would never expect it. -Jack Handy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement