Slow windowed mode???

Started by
2 comments, last by NotTaxes 21 years, 10 months ago
I''ve got a problem, and I don''t know if it''s the card or the code. I have my game engine working really well, and I am using it in two programs. The first program is the map editor and the second is the actual game itself. On my computer (WinXP, PIII 450 with Voodoo5) it runs at about the same frame rate whether I''m in the game (full screen) or the map editor (Windowed mode). On my level-editor''s machine (WinXP, PIII 450 with GeForce2 something or other... don''t quite remember right now, but it''s an older card) the game runs fine in full screen, but in windowed mode it''s an absolute dog and runs at less than half the FPS of the fullscreen version. I can''t find any info about this on the nvidia support site. Do any of you have any ideas what I should be looking at?
'Doing the impossible is kind of fun' - Walt Disney
Advertisement
Oh, and we''re both running DirectX 8.1 with the latest video drivers (except me... no more 3dfx drivers for me :-(... using 3rd party stuff)
must be the drivers..
i had the very same problem, just changed the drivers, and window mode become blistering fast..

fullscreen is always faster though..
i like the nvidia detonator drivers for geforce . the driver seems to be fast.

Its my duty, to please that booty ! - John Shaft
Hmmm, but he''s using the Detonator driver...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement