PVS and more?

Started by
3 comments, last by Maverick the divider 21 years, 10 months ago
Maybe anyone has any idea on witch system to use if I have almost only dynamic objects in an open space. Octree would be good, but they always change their position so I would have to update the tree somehow. thanx --- Keep it simple, stupid
---Quite soon...ICQ: 163187735
Advertisement
Hi Octree are good or this !

But , i would make octree just from the models.

And then make a Bounding box around the Object.

Then test this boxes for intersection with the View-frustum.

In yes then work with the model octree !
Do you understand what i mean

Cya
Hmmm
Yes but I was talking on doing collisions with the help of the octree too, so i wouldn't need to parse each and every object in the world.

---
Keep it simple, stupid

[edited by - Maverick the divider on May 31, 2002 8:13:57 AM]
Yeah, octree would be good for collision because the insert case is pretty good, you have to be careful about overlaps and either maintain ''fragments'' or use some sort of inflated nodes to hold your objects (or just keep objects in the node they just fit in).

Basically the idea is to take the moving object from the tree, move it and then reinsert it into the tree - not too bad.

As for culling using the octree, well this is ok too, you''d have to test to see if it was worth it rather than just doing culling with the bounding boxes.
Well if you say that changing the placement of objects in the tree is not a big fuss then maybe it''s a good idea after all.

Gonna try and release the results...thanx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement