• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lode

glaux.dll

This topic is 5960 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is about lesson6: Why does the exe I compile with DevCpp is only 12KB, but requires a 1354KB glaux.dll to run? While the exe from VC++ is 48 KB but doesn''t require glaux.dll? How can I make DevCpp compile it this way, that glaux.dll isn''t required for the exe to run? Thanks.

Advertisement
Somehow find a static version of GLaux. My advice is to just not use GLaux, but does anyone ever listen to me about it ...

[edited by - Null and Void on May 31, 2002 4:15:19 PM]

quote:

How can I make DevCpp compile it this way, that glaux.dll isn't required for the exe to run?

Simple, don't use glaux.

glaux has deprecated for a while now. It is not supported anymore. Likely, you can't find the source anymore in MS's Win32 SDK (where it used to be).

Using deprecated features is a Bad Thing.

There are plenty of libraries online that provide all the glaux features and more.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

[edited by - Fruny on May 31, 2002 4:06:52 PM]

Even better, straight from the OpenGL forum FAQ :

quote:

# Also, if you really want to learn about loading a a texture, go over to NeHe''s Site and check out lesson 25. But, if you can avoid it, DO NOT USE THE GLAUX LIBRARY (glaux.lib). Its incredibly outdated, and is not worth your time. And please, no more questions about glaux.dll. It does not exist!

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

Well, ok then, let's check out lesson 25 :D

[EDIT]: it's lesson 24.

[edited by - Lode on June 1, 2002 4:42:05 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!