• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Java and Apache

This topic is 5739 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My host instucts me to place my .jar files into the /servlets directory. However when I try to access my .jsp it says it cant those core .jar files. With my localhost I set a class path in doss to the path my .jar files we''re located. Can I do a similar thing with apache? Perhaps create some kind of batch file with the class paths in them? I looked for such a file but I couldnt find it Thanks

Advertisement
Apache is not a servlet engine, it is a web server. Ask your host what servlet engine is in use inside of the Apache server (Tomcat/Catalina, JServ, etc) and what version.

It is ApacheJServ v1.1.2, I have been looking for docs on that but I cant find alot helpful ones.

Hmmm, I''ve only used JServ from the programmer perspective, not set it up or configured it. The way my host had it set up, there was a ''servlets'' directory and a ''classes'' directory outside the web root. Servlet class files go in servlets, supporting class files go in classes. I don''t think it would automatically mount jar files, however.

If I were you, I''d try to get my host to upgrade to Tomcat 4. It works with Apache (since the Apache Group produces it) and supports the latest JSP/Servlet specs. Configuation is also a lot more flexible.

Other than that, see if your host can give you more information or show you a sample that works. Documentation will be scarce however since JServ is outdated.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement