• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody using DX9 Beta 1?

This topic is 5711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Non Disclosure Agreement (You can''t talk about it if you know about it)

Steve
DirectX Programmer
Soon to be the new Bill Gates

There are many features which have been (officially) discussed for awhile and are not under NDA. Take a look for the presentations from MeltDown of last year (sorry - don''t have the link handy) or see if perhaps some of the MS talks from GDC are available somewhere (I don''t know if they are).

The public docs don''t feature anything that is earth shatteringly, radically different (of course, that depends on your definition of radical). Any more info than that is, as said, under NDA.

So you guys are using but dont want to let on that you are ay... very sneaky...
Anyway, I dont even see why they need to NDA it! its not like its some mega bisness thing with compitition(you cant count opengl)...

CEO Plunder Studios

One of the reasons for an NDA is to ensure that premature bugs (that are being fixed) do not muddy the waters. If it was open to the public, lots of people would find negative things to say about some feature, performance, robustness, etc. before the version ever became "official".

That, and to set (or not set) expectations.

Guest Anonymous Poster
When is DX9 scheduled for release, and will it require VC++ 7?

Thanx

Guest Anonymous Poster
Just saw the link to the press release. Sorry

quote:
Original post by invective
Is anyone using DX 9.0 Beta 1. If so, any impressions (assuming its not NDA)?

[edited by - invective on May 31, 2002 4:57:03 PM]

I''m just glad they FINALLY started the Beta.

Oh no, the NDA. Well I''ve fired it up and plan on using some of its features in my demo reel. Particuarly displacement maps. Search around DX9 can be found.

quote:
Original post by karmicthreat
Oh no, the NDA. Well I''ve fired it up and plan on using some of its features in my demo reel. Particuarly displacement maps. Search around DX9 can be found.

Honestly i''m on DX9 Beta, and haven''t even bothered d/ling it yet.

I''m thinking maybe I should do that when I get home from work... . It should be pretty cool to check out all of the new features that it will have ahead of time.

• Advertisement