• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Java Programming

This topic is 5740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recently I felt like trying to program in java because I heard about how I guess you can say portable it is, because it works on both Unix/Linux and Windows. I''ve been trying to make a game and noticed an old problem, my computer crashing, reoccuring when using sound in Java. This often occured when I visited www.pogo.com and played their games with sound enabled. For some reason after a while playing or testing my game I would get the blue screen of death because of some sound card problem and would have to restart my puter all over again. If this helps here are some specs: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 128 PCI Audio and crappy old Windows 98 SE. Have any of you ever experienced the same or a similar problem with Java? By the way I''m using Borland JBuilder 6.

Advertisement
try updating with the latest drivers and/or moving the soundcard to another pci slot.

Hey, well I finally updated the drivers, sound card is sounding damn good now I actually have BASS I hate little tweeters, so now I can let the BASS boom, wonder what would it sound like with a sub-woofer.

Well thanks for the replies, man desktop are a pain in the asp I never haver problems with my laptop but that damn desktop, that''s another story. Sometimes I wish my laptop had the processor/video card, that''s enough ranting gotta go...

• Advertisement