Game for download/testing

Started by
18 comments, last by Bruno 21 years, 10 months ago
Well done Bruno. It demo runs well on my petty machine

500mhz Pentium 3
Geeforce 2 MX
256mb RAM

The sound does need to be fixed I want to ask you how many people are on this team.

I currently am doing a 3d engine with a team of amateurs
www.xgameproject.com -> Shameless Plug

Only I can''t find the baddies.

"Being mortal is what makes us capable of the impossible"
- Akira Toriyama.
http://xgameproject.d2g.com
"Being mortal is what makes us capable of the impossible"- Akira Toriyama.www.xgameproject.comLive each day like it is your last because that way you'll eventually be right.
Advertisement
i didn''t find myself flying around abit. walking on dirt it starting climbing then went back down
Game Core
now i''ve had a chance to try this on my normal pc.. it appears there are some extremly serious errors in the game.
ok. first of all,
the intro quits half way through, and crashes if you try to skip it.
the tunnel background to the menu starts as being very, very dark. before flicking to bright.
the menu system, while nice, has visual corruption, and the menus can''t be moved (they start half off screen as well)
in game is a bit better.
but,
I could never see an enemy. Even though I was getting hit by one.
the collision detection is a mess. you can walk through walls, and if you walk accross the map and back, you end up floating in the air when you walk around.. going over invisible hills, etc. The water also dissapeares, etc.

Shows promise. but seems way too buggy too early.
Eaí cara!!!

Você mora em portugal? Ou no Brasil?
--CONS--
*The menu was extremely dark the first time it ran
*The text always seemed off-centered
*Coldet on steep surfaces needed some tuning (or might be a near clipping plane issue)
*Enemies are a bit tough (the aural indicator helps though)
*Try turning off depth masking when drawing the HUD
*Holes appear in the sky when you go too far out

--PROS--
*Gorgeous water
*Pretty good terrain (I assume it''s LODed, maybe ROAMed?)
*Nice sky
*Great sounds
*Nice shell GUI

Overall, very promising.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Pretty nice, I''d speed up the text speed and add more resolutions. I think just about everything went pretty well, except at first, the menu was black on black, as was the cursor and the animated background.

After going in game, I was able to see that the actual menu and gui was instead white and black.
___________________________Freeware development:ruinedsoft.com
Hi

Thanks guys,

At first i didn''t knew what was everyone talking about about the GUI being black or dark but i think now i found out. That only happens if you guys let the intro reach the end, right ?

A huge bug that i wasn''t aware is the lack of collision detection when you reach the end of the map
Thanks for pointing it out..

Bruno
The engine impressed me =)

I found a tearing problem on my GeForce 2. I took a screenshot, you can look at it here:

http://hem.passagen.se/gregge/Bruno/tearing.jpg

Keep up the good work!

/ALiENiD
Bruno,

Good job with what you have done so far! It runs pretty good on the lab machines in my campus'' CS lab (P4 1.5Ghz, Geforce2MX). The only problems I noticed was there was a point in the forest where I started rising off the ground into air. I also found myself getting shot at by someone I couldn''t see.

BTW, how did you do that tunnel effect in the main screen? I have seen other demos which show off the effect, but I have never seen the source code of the effect.

I asked one of the Black Robes why the Deceiver wasn''t going to stay to defend the dam, and he tersely replied: "He goes to warn the Emperor; moving through odd angles, faster than any man, and if unobserved, much faster than that."
I asked one of the Black Robes why the Deceiver wasn't going to stay to defend the dam, and he tersely replied: "He goes to warn the Emperor; moving through odd angles, faster than any man, and if unobserved, much faster than that."Elemental Engine: ryan_lurvey.tripod.com/engine.html
Hi

ALienID..,
Thanks for the screenshot, i''m aware of that, and it''s not a bug That happened because i made the level on the hurry, and on the editor i didn''t made sure that all the buildings were really on top on the landscape, so the result is a bit of z-fighting.

Jedi.,
The tunnel effect was made by XaOs, check out his page at,
http://home.no.net/cybertux/index.php
The flyng problem is fixed, as most of the problems reported (except the sound ).
Being shot by someone you don''t see, well, i''m sure the beacon was flashing when you were shot, there are 3 bots walking in the middle of the vegetation, so, you have to be carefull, and try to spot them before they spot you.

Thanks,
Bruno

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement