Ti-83Plus Algebriac Equation Solver

Started by
8 comments, last by MrPoopypants 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys, i was just introduced to the wonderful world of programming last week when i created my first program (with NO tutorials and just a tiny but of help from a friend on the bus) Anyway, to the point of my post... My algebra exam is comming up and i would find it extremely helpful if i could create a program where i would plug in an equation and it would tell me the value of the variable. For example: I would imput: 2x+(3x/5)=5-(x/10) It would display: x=1 (or whatever it is) Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!
(0110101101000110)The Murphy Philosophy: Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.
Advertisement
I dont think that this is something that a person who''s programmed for a week will be able to do... If you can do this after a week of programming, then... You will make john carmak look like a kiddy... if you go into games anyway... U should prolly just try to find a proggy on the inet thta you can up onto your calculator that will do it for you... If you have a link that is

smy 3 sence anyway...

dwiel~Tazzel3d
This is a lesson in reinventing the wheel.

The TI-83 has a built in solver. I believe the appropriate term here is "RTFM"
I am writing a program like that, only it has a few set forms of equations and asks you to plug in values so you can solve for x. Here''s an example: the form is: ax+b=c. It will ask you to enter the values of a,b, and c and then solve for x. If you only need to be able to solve certain forms of equations you should try something like this. If not, you are in for a tough time, because what you originally suggested is very advanced for someone who just started programming. Hope this helps.

p.s. Please don''t cross post, some people(esp. the Mods) find it very annoying.

------------------------------
BASIC programmers don''t die, they just GOSUB and don''t return.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
quote:Original post by MrPoopypants
For example:
I would imput: 2x+(3x/5)=5-(x/10)
It would display: x=1 (or whatever it is)

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!

There''s no point. Go to Y= screen (1st blue button under the screen).
For Y1 input 2x+3x/5
For Y2 input 5-x/10
make sure you are in ZStandard Mode (Press ZOOM, 6)
When it finishes the graphing, press 2nd->TRACE, then 5 (intersect), and press enter three times. Viola.

GarilandIX, thats a good idea i''ll use that

Fallnangel using the graphing method is for when you have 2 variables.

ok so this is about 10 min worth of work...
:Disp "Y AND Z ARE TERMS"
:Disp "X IS VARIABLE"
rompt Y
rompt Z
:X-Z=Y
:Output **
:End

** - ok i am not sure what to put here or even if i use the output comand
i tried doing :Output(X
and it gave me a conflict error...

any help would be appreciated thanks!
(0110101101000110)The Murphy Philosophy: Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.
ti 83, ti83+ and ti83+ silver edition all have built in solvers but they are somewhat limited, your best bet would to buy a ti 89, they can do what your talking about, they can do almost anything you will need one when you take calcalus
I have a TI-89 and they kick ass! There is almost no math problem it can''t do and I highly recommend it.
quote:
Fallnangel using the graphing method is for when you have 2 variables.

No. Graph it like I said and you will see it gives you a correct answer.
Cross-post
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement