• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

model loading

This topic is 5746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi - im palnning to write my first true engine, i think i know about ogl what i need(ok, i want to know more, and more, and more, but there is one but - i have to load models. my models must contain animation info(i think bones&joints, but i dnot know other ways), and meshes - what file types to import do u suggest, i '' ve heard about 3DS, and MD2(3) files - whre can i find info about it, easy to understand but complex(more than nehe tut on md2), ty all

Advertisement
well...I have the book Open GL Game Programming. Theres like a whole chapter on MD2. Obviously, you dont buy a whole book for one chapter. It is $60 too. Although I still suggest you get it. You will most likely use it for more than MD2, I bet it will totally help you. Oh yeah, it comes with 2 CD-Roms too. Its 777 pages of goodness.

well...I have the book Open GL Game Programming. Theres like a whole chapter on MD2. Obviously, you dont buy a whole book for one chapter. It is $60 too. Although I still suggest you get it. You will most likely use it for more than MD2, I bet it will totally help you. Oh yeah, it comes with 2 CD-Roms too. Its 777 pages of goodness.

• Advertisement