• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Mods

This topic is 5711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey if i wanted to write game mods to like change a characters apperence or what they are wearing how would i go about doing this.

Advertisement
Try being alot more specific with your question please. ie. what game in particular? what would you like to do? or are you talking about making a game that is moddable?

Making mods for a game is cool

For Quake there is a special version of Gmax(they call it tempest) with that you can make levels and modells.

For unrealtournament you can also make your own modells( milkshape?) and they have a leveleditor UnrealED 2.0, you can find it in your unreal dir.

For Half-live you can also make mods(Counterstrike)

ANd you can also chang te code of the game. With Quake they use a dll with some options you can change. (some mods are total-conversions, then is everything changed and you have a whole new game)

If you are talking about modding another game, then go to one of the community websites. For quuake and unreal based websites, polcount is a good site. I think that it''s part of PlanetQuake.

However, if you are talking about your own project, then if you want them to be able to ad models then just have a folder they can put them in, then read in everything from that folder when the game is run.

• Advertisement