Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to - OLE/COM without MFC?

This topic is 5672 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know what are the steps for creating an OLE/COM object without using MFC and those evil wizards? ... Or anyone know the correct link to the topic... since most of the MSDN docs & samples are (biased) for MFC.

I''d strongly suggest using the ATL for production code. It''s efficient template code, and requires no external dll''s.
ATL COM tutorial

For learning purposes, there''s a series of tutorials on MSDN on how to implement COM objects from scratch.

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you''ve never written buggy code" - Lee

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]

[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ | wxWindows]

quote:

Original post by Void
www.codeproject.com

Original post by Magmai Kai Holmlor
ATL COM tutorial

Thanx man. After reading some info on IDL, beginners COM and some $0.05 (million ) tutorials... it got me further than by studying those dreaded combos: BEGIN_INTERFACE_MAP, INTERFACE_PART, and END_INTERFACE_MAP.

Btw, what are those Apartment Models? Pls just explain briefly... i''m just a newbie to COM.

Thanx in adv.