how to - OLE/COM without MFC?

Started by
2 comments, last by DerekSaw 21 years, 10 months ago
Does anybody know what are the steps for creating an OLE/COM object without using MFC and those evil wizards? ... Or anyone know the correct link to the topic... since most of the MSDN docs & samples are (biased) for MFC.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Advertisement
www.codeproject.com
www.codeguru.com
I''d strongly suggest using the ATL for production code. It''s efficient template code, and requires no external dll''s.
ATL COM tutorial

For learning purposes, there''s a series of tutorials on MSDN on how to implement COM objects from scratch.

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you''ve never written buggy code" - Lee

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]

[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ | wxWindows]
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
quote:
Original post by Void
www.codeproject.com

Original post by Magmai Kai Holmlor
ATL COM tutorial

Thanx man. After reading some info on IDL, beginners COM and some $0.05 (million ) tutorials... it got me further than by studying those dreaded combos: BEGIN_INTERFACE_MAP, INTERFACE_PART, and END_INTERFACE_MAP.

Btw, what are those Apartment Models? Pls just explain briefly... i''m just a newbie to COM.

Thanx in adv.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement