• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erunama

Dev C++

This topic is 6035 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

EDIT: Thanks for guiding me towards Dev-C++, it seems to be what I was looking for. To anyone that uses Dev-C++: I am currently trying to compile NeHe's basecode using the program, but I am getting a few errors:

Compiler errors (all having to do with CDS_FULLSCREEN):

127 opengl_basecode.cpp
 `CDS_FULLSCREEN' undeclared (first use this function)
127 opengl_basecode.cpp
 (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
127 opengl_basecode.cpp
 for each function it appears in.)

Linker errors:

g++: c:\dan\dev-c++\projects\opengl_basecode.o: No such file or directory
g++: file path prefix `C:\DAN\DEV-C_~1\BIN\' never used

From reading posts on the forums, it seems to me that there are some compatibility issues when using code designed for VC++ with Dev-C++. Any tips for getting code to work? [edited by - Erunama on June 3, 2002 10:48:37 AM]

Advertisement
Yes, LCC-32 is a C-only compiler, there''s no way to get it to do C++ (but it does C well, I''ve heard). You can use a GCC port bundled with MinGW (see bloodshed.net for a commonly used IDE that uses GCC). The free Borland compiler does C++ too.

Hrm, I changed the subject, but it still says "LCC-32" on the main forums page. Oh well, I will search for an answer to my question, and if I don''t find it, I will make a new topic.

Yes, it's something they left out of the MinGW headers (it might be fixed in newer versions though; Edit: I just checked, this IS added in any somewhat-new MinGW headers). Use this:

#ifndef CDS_FULLSCREEN

#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4

#endif

[edited by - Null and Void on June 3, 2002 11:26:02 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!