Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to get a position for collision detection?

This topic is 5676 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a small 3d demo with a camera using rotate and translate commands. If i understand this right, when the camera isn''t moving, gltranslatef and glrotatef are nulled. How can i get some kind of position for the camera and for the polygons to check if they collide? Thank you!

...Not sure if i understand your question, but my answer is why dont you check to see if objects are colliding with a plane of aan object?

The OpenGL Game PRogramming book advertise don the front of thi ssite is very good at explaining collision detection. I just finished reading it, i suggest everyone do the same.

Hi..

There is a LOT of good tutorials out there on the Internet but I would REALLY recommend this site:
http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/OpenGL/OpenGL_Pg3.htm
It has a lot of tutorials on the subject collision detection..

And then of course, you could buy the book "OpenGL Game Programming"... IT'S A VERY GOOD BOOK!!

[edited by - Halloko on June 3, 2002 5:10:45 PM]

[edited by - Halloko on June 3, 2002 5:11:39 PM]

Halloko is right, it is a very good book. Just wish i would have paid 45.00 on amazon.com instead of $65.00 in Barnes and Nobels store!!! DOH!!!!

Still worth every penny