Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

where to start with DX8 SDK + Borland C++ Builder 5

This topic is 5675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Guest Anonymous Poster
try not using borland, borland sucks.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
try not using borland, borland sucks.

try not making stupid anonymous comments without any facts, stupid anonymous comments without any facts suck.

http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/

Try this link, it may have what you are looking for. Do you already own Borland C++ Builder? I will admit that there are better compilers to use for building DirectX applications, but if you already own that compiler than there is no need to spend more money. Besides, there are probably many others that have done it before.

Or is Borland C++ Builder a free compiler?

--TheMuuj

[edited by - themuuj on June 3, 2002 12:10:37 PM]

I already own borland and am looking to go into game development i now some of the basics e.g console apps starting with windows programming. I have Sams teach yourself Borland C++ builder in 14 days and i am on page 181 and still reading.

I have Borland C++ Builder 5 and I have been learning DX with that. I highly recommend the link listed above by TheMuuj, along with a copy of Tips and Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus by Andre LaMothe. I have my copy within easy reach even as I type this. Although LaMothe uses Visual C++ in his examples, you can still get the idea, you just have to play around with it a bit more.

To be perfectly honest, I do plan to get VC++ professional eventually, I just haven''t wanted to spend the money yet. So far C++ Builder has worked for me, but it has proven to be a bit buggy, and even more important, just about everything DX related seems to be geared towards VC++.

Didn''t the last Game Progamming Made Easy come with BCB 5 or something? I''m not sure so Don''t Quote me?

Also take a look at the bottom of the forum page for a forum called "turbo".