Is being too original a bad thing?

Started by
48 comments, last by Golden Bunny 21 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by Golden Bunny
I didn''t bother to read your entire post because I thought it was just a mindless bash response.

Well it isn''t. Did you read it now ?

Don''t judge people by the words they type on a online community. The way I act online and off line are completely different. So judging me based on the words I type might not be a good idea.

Sorry friend but it''s the only way we can judge you. I can''t judge you by the way you act in real life since this is an online message board. I don''t go asking people in real life to judge me by my online persona.

Anyways, I have no one else to turn to. I have no one else to share my ideas with. So I''m going to write storylines and be the only one who likes it for the rest of my life.

Well, you don''t want to share your ideas. You just give us your bad ideas (your own words) and feel crushed when people confirm it is indeed bad.

I was just trying to act nice for a change. They get the wrong idea and think I''m here to get people angry. I''m always misunderstood.

It didn''t look like you were trying to act nice (for a change!?) but I can believe it''s just skewed perspective and how you write that made it sound like that.

Peace.
Advertisement
Thats the thing. I''m freaking out because I AM listening to other individuals on this forum. If I didn''t bother to read other people''s post I wouldn''t be this angry. Criticism is ok, but do it in a nice way please.
"A programmer, when told to go to hell, sees the 'go to' and not the 'hell' as the harmful part of the sentence."
we did. After you decided to take our constructive criticism and suggestions as insults to your POSSIBLY over-inflated ego, we began to take things a slight bit more personally with you.

quote:
If I didn''t bother to read other people''s post I wouldn''t be this angry

if you don''t want to hear our suggestions and constructive criticism, then why in hell did you post it!?!?
"everything you need is around you...the only danger is inside of you."
Because I wanted positive criticism, not mindless bashing and hipocritism(looks at superpig).
"A programmer, when told to go to hell, sees the 'go to' and not the 'hell' as the harmful part of the sentence."
i want you to define "positive critisizm".

it sounds like it would be "complements".
If there is one post you read, please read this one:

You say people don''t like your stories? Well that is not going to change if YOU don''t change your stories. You have to decide for yourself if you want to write stories that other people like or stories that just you like. People don''t bash you just for no reason at all. You''re not going to get only compliments by posting your work, no matter how good or bad it is you will always have many people who dislike it. In this case, I think your stories are cheesy and unoriginal.
Stupid humans
Sure, whynot.
AP= Aran Elus= a rival programmer who bashes me on AIM.
you are tragically mistaken, GB.

You should not assume when you are yelling at us because you think we are assuming.

Aran isn''t a rival programmer of yours, he''s just someone who would rather not deal with your crap.
hipocritism(looks at superpig).

?

We''ve treated you pretty much the same way we treat everyone else who asks for feedback on an idea. We judge it on its own merits.

You asked for an evaluation of your idea. It has been evaluated, both as an idea - ''no idea is too stupid'' - and as a game storyline. Ignore the ideological evaluation, if you wish.

We don''t know you in real life. Your online presence is all we''ve got to go on - your ideas, your diction, and your communicative abilities. What most of us are getting from this thread is that you''re over-confident, quick to anger, and don''t understand what we do here.

We''re not a bunch of ''yes-men/women'' - nor are we the ''independant storyline juding association.'' We''re writers too. We''ve had ideas crazier than this one. By asking us our opinion, your results are going to be varied, and not necessarily good. A guy who writes fantasy storylines isn''t necessarily going to view a space-story in the best possible light.

If you''re having some war with some guy over IM, then fine, but that''s not our business. If this rival programmer is sad enough to come to boards and criticize your writing as an AP just to piss you off, then I really wouldn''t worry about said programmer having any kind of success in the real world.

I have to go now, but I look forward with anticipation to reading your further replies in the morning.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement