Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black screen of death

This topic is 5669 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I finally got through all the setup code from NeHe lesson 1. But now when I compile it all, basically I get a black screen that flashes alot, with the occasional bit of borland peeking through, and no way to get out of it except through ctrl-alt-del. I''ve checked the code against the sample code many times, especially in places that I thought my affect this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...the power to kill a yak...from 200 yards...WITH MIND BULLETS!!! It''s telekinesis Kyle...how about the power...to move you

Peeking: For some reason with fullscreen apps programs tend to peek on over the full screen app with some cards.

just an idea but look for infine loops if you havent that could cause no redraws and that might really bring out peeking from borland. Just an idea.

Maybe you should just compare your code to HeHe''s code and see what the diffrences are and change them and test see if it changes any thing.

although the first lesson was just to make a black screen you may want to go to the second lesson and Draw a shape into your program to see if that works.

any way good luck.

Thanks. It still isn''t doing right. I compared it to NeHe''s code and it matches up exact. I don''t know what the deal is. It just doesn''t want to do right. It does this regardless of whether it is in fullscreen mode or not.

...the power to kill a yak...from 200 yards...WITH MIND BULLETS!!! It''s telekinesis Kyle...how about the power...to move you