Best/Fastest graphical file types

Started by
11 comments, last by xg0blin 21 years, 10 months ago
lol

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Advertisement
umm, it aint the video card. its clearly his code, unless the voodoo cards i have access to have a special make "things run fast patch" applied.

i draw a entire screen at over 80 frames per second using over 64 different tiles (naturally stored in a single texture, not mulitple textures).

i think you should either post some drawing code, or give some numbers on how much you are drawing.

try understanding what is happening instead of cut and pasting from a "tutorial". texture switches are slow.

EDIT: let me reprhase that. texture switches may be slow depending on things like whether all the textures fit in vram.

[edited by - a person on June 5, 2002 4:40:41 AM]
I as a matter of fact have been loading multiple textures instead of just one. BTW, I didn''t copy/paste anything from a tutorial, it was all stuff I figured out or learned from gametutorials.com (I have like their SetUpPixelFormat function and stuff, but I actually took the time to go on MSDN and learn, or try to learn anyways, all the data members of the pixelformatdescriptor strucs and stuff, so none of it was simple copy paste). My code is probably bad. Ill post it later when I get home. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement