Good Level Design Programs???

Started by
5 comments, last by masterconjurer 21 years, 10 months ago
Can someone tell me where I could get a good Level Design program? I have genesis 3d but the Map Preview doesn''t work and I have WorldCraft but the settings keep getting screwed up! Which other program can I use??
Advertisement
Use UnrealED, it cicks arse, takes some time to leaern but you will get the hang of it.

--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
GtkRadiant.
QuArK (on planetquake somewhere..)
I use Quark. I used to think it was great, but just recently it''s developed a horrible bug. It keeps on finding leaks where there are none. I can prove there are none because my map does actually compile and run perfectly. Bloody beta releases. Does it ever happen in other industries apart from software, or do they all actually bother to FINISH their products before releasing them for use?

"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
er, last time i was using QuArK (quake 1 and 2 maps) the leaks files were generated by the map compiler (qbsp etc.) and quark simply uses that info and displays it. So if its finding leaks that aren''t there then either you have an old leak file thats not up to date, or theres a bug in the map compiler, not QuArK...

(although once it drove me nuts finding a leak that passed straight though a wall... i eventually found that i had the surface flags set to ''glass'' by mistake because of the texture i had applied, so of course it was a leak, it just didnt look like it)
I'm not so sure whether my version of Quark does that. All I do know is that when I press the leak search button, it draws a stonking big red line on the screen, often pointing into empty space within the hull, claiming there's a leak there.

Besides, when you compile a map with leaks the build tools (HLBSP, I think, is the one that does this) themselves refuse to build the map, pointing to leak coordiates. This did not happen last time I compiled the map.

[edited by - Captain Insanity on June 4, 2002 5:42:10 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement