Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full game in Direct3D

This topic is 5674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi After a few weeks (months, maybe) I am about to finish a game with DirectX 8 - Redneck Jezzball, the jezzball game with funny redneck stuff. I am thinking of publishing the code (there aren''t any ''secret'' things in it anyway), but I may also write an article about how I programmed it. Since it''s a bit of work for me to comment to whole thing, I would like to know if people were interested, because I don''t like to work for nothing. If you are new to DirectX 8 and want to know how to program a little engine, that can render 3D or sprites (Jezzball is a 2D game running on a 3D engine), handles direct input, and some generic classes that one always need (like chained lists, events handler, messaging system,...), then you might be intersted. I will write the article if I have enough answers. Just a thing : this game is intended to be a freeware, it''s not an actual game, so don''t expect too much. See you soon with a link to the download.

Me and a friend are just making an engine ourselves so I think it would be nice to see how you''ve handled things. Are you using transformed vertices or untransformed?