Game Engine Needed

Started by
5 comments, last by aramstudios 21 years, 10 months ago
I need a game engine that would work for a 3D adventure game that doesn''t involve C++. If its in visual basics it fine. Open GL is not a possibility. Free is a plus nothing over $100. We are begginers with a little programing experience, however we are more than familiar with games of all type. P.S. Were not NERDS. COOLNESS!
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
Advertisement
Could you be more specific about what language you are doing this in?

--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
quote:Original post by aramstudios
I need a game engine that would work for a 3D adventure game that doesn't involve C++. If its in visual basics it fine. Open GL is not a possibility. Free is a plus nothing over $100. We are begginers with a little programing experience, however we are more than familiar with games of all type.

P.S. Were not NERDS.

COOLNESS!

The Quake 2 engine is free (GPL), and it is written in C (not C++).

But I have a feeling you want a VisualBasic engine. There are some, but most of them don't provide you with much. Also, the few good ones I know of are in the $300 to $1000 range. For the price you want you are still going to have to write scene management code, BSP code (if you use BSPs), LOD code, and anything else you want.

Sorry.

I would really recommend trying to learn C or C++ if you intend to do a 3-D game, but do not want to write your own engine.

--TheMuuj

[edited by - themuuj on June 4, 2002 4:42:17 PM]
--TheMuuj
quote:Original post by aramstudios
We are begginers with a little programing experience

Well, Mr.NotNerd; if “We are beginners with a little programming experience”, then you might need to get that experience. Most work with any engine involves a lot of strain, especially on beginners.

If you (or “we”) are one of those people that read one book and plan to make the next Quake, forget it!

I know for a fact that you’re going to go nuts on all the 3D concepts, not including all the coding.

Rate me up.
Truevision 3D is completely free, and uses VB. My , er, "team" is currently using this.

If any of you would like to clock up a little programming experience, I''m on the look out for VB programmers. Head over to the help wanted forum and look for my post on "Programmers needed for advanced 3D adventure" for more details.

"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
Hi!

http://www.revolution3d.de

This is a nice 3D engine for VB.
I''m looking into using the Nebula Engine provided by Radon Labs. You can find it at www.radonlabs.de and you can also see screenshots of it in use for their upcoming game Nomands.

Note: By looking into using I mean in about 1-2 years. That''s probably the time I''ll finish reading and knowning this blasted Teach Yourself C++ book that I never find time for...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement