End Time Game- Name and Need Help for deisgn.

Started by
13 comments, last by JesusFreak 24 years, 1 month ago
Hello it''s me again. I think you are more experienced at making games. The name of the End Time Game I am making is "Final Hour". There is more information farther down on the board. I suggess you read it to get a Idea about what it''s about. Since it is going to be know killing in the game. There is no point in a health bar is there? What do you think the HUD should look like? Do you think it is a good idea to have three buttons that operate the various things in the game. or let have one buttons and let the player rotate around? The player is going to have to rotate the tools anyway but what do you think? I''m think something like one button for one type of thing. One for another and one for another. Is that a good Idea. What all do you think should be on the HUD?
Jesus Freak,Jesus Loves you. He is the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End.
Advertisement
Well, the hero is definitely going to be needing a health bar (he isn''t invincible now). Have you thought about throwing some RPG elements in this one? As for action, since the hero is going to be having to dodge the baddies, gameplay is going to have to major in avoidance (a la Metal Gear, has anyone played the original or the newest one. I haven''t, but I think that''s what a good portion of that game was about). As far as the HUD goes, we need a better idea of what the action is going to be like Anyways my suggestion for gameplay/action is above.

JoeG
joeG
Yea he will need some sort of health bar. I want to make it non-death. Any ideas on how to do that. Hmm.. How about they have little traqulizer darts or something? Then when they have you you must make a choice to join them or die? BTW are you the same JoeG that made the Total Anihilation Utilities?
Jesus Freak,Jesus Loves you. He is the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End.
Considering the seriousness of the subject matter that you chose for your game, death is rather inevitable.

The Book of Revelation in the Bible describes the end times as *VERY* hassardous time for both Christians and not. Those who believe in the end times will be sought out and destroyed. This isn''t exactly a "family-friendly" subject for a game.

PLEASE don''t think I''m trying to discourage you from making this game. Actually, I''m very much interested in seeing it happen. It''s just that I can''t see a game based on a time of persecution and execution of millions of Christians that doesn''t have some death and violence.

While I can''t see death being avoided all together, if your game is centered around surviving as a Christian, then you would probably have a lot of sneaking and hiding involved. Blunt hits and tranquilization could be used for offense. By avoiding confrontations, death can be avoided, and only occur when the player loses. Note that including death does not mean you have to cover the screen with blood and guts. Perhaps a death scene would have the screen fading to white and then showing the pearly gates...

Josh
http://www.jh-software.com
Joshhttp://www.jh-software.com
Jesus Freak: no
joeG
Is this going to be some kind of FPS? Or is is going to be mistery/stratagy type?

If you''re trying to a non-lethal FPS, I''d have a health bar that drops when you come in contact with an enemy. But the bar could get better over time. Your stratagy might be to avoid the bad people. But that''d take a lot more work making a big enough world where you''d be trying to avoid people all the time. Maybe you can smack people upside the head with a Bible or a big wooden cross.

E:cb woof!
Yes, people will die in the tribulation. I remembered that the player will need a health bar because of the earthquakes, war, etc. Do you think this is a good idea. Since the antichrist is going to come in peace he could outlaw guns. He could give the law enforment something like what is over at http://www.tasertron.com/ . Do yall think it would be a good idea?
Tazers huh? Hmm, if you get hit by one of those, you''re pretty much down for the count. People would still have things like nightsticks and be able to punch, etc. That would be more realistic as far as a slow death is concerned.

Do you think the player should be able to be a non-christian?
There are two options:
He becomes a Christian after first or second level.
He doesn''t have to but after he accepts mark of the beast the game ends?

I''m thinking that he must become Christian.
Forget that last post. The player will have to become a Christian.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement