Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem with the ID3DXSprite....

This topic is 5668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey people. My ID3DXSprite object is drawing everything fine and all but there is a little problem. I''m trying to draw my 3D mesh INFRONT of the sprite and that doesn''t seem to work.(The sprite gets drawn but the mesh doesn''t) However,if I draw the mesh first then the sprite,it works fine but the mesh is obviously partly covered by the sprite which is not what I want to do.What is the problem?

I believe so. I mean,my 3D mesh renders properly. And the sprite and mesh are drawn properly if you draw the mesh then the sprite but not the other way around.Doesn''t the D3D sprite restore everything after you call it''s End() function? Or is there a bug somewhere here?

NM.I finally got it working.Apparently, when you Begin() to draw your sprite,D3D DOES NOT disable ZBuffering for you.You''ll have to do it manually.So I disabled my ZBuffer,drew my sprites,re enabled my ZBuffer and drew my mesh.Everything is fine now. Thanx for all who helped