Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lists of lists :)

This topic is 5675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Let's say I want to make a qeue (spelling?) for my main game process. The qeue would be a STL list containing a class (INTLIST -- See below). INTLIST would contain a STL list of ints. The qeue and INTLIST would each have their own iterator for the correct type. How would I be able to access the data pointed to by the iterator in INTLIST. class INTLIST { public: list thelist; list::iterator Ilist; }; class QEUE { public: list theqeue; list::iterator Iqeue; // IQ lol int GetSingleCommand(int qeue_pos, int list_pos); }; int QEUE::GetSingleCommand(int qp, int lp) { Iqeue = theqeue.begin(); (*Iqeue).Ilist = (*Iqeue).thelist.begin(); // <-- Don't know if this works (problem 1); for(int i = 0; i != qp; i++) Iqeue++; for(int x = 0; x != lp; x++) (*Iqeue).Ilist++; // Once again, the same problem return (*Iqeue).(*Ilist); // Problem 2... /* This returns a few compiler errors, which I will not post cuz Im lazy. I think you get what I mean but I do not know what to dereference and what not to (in the return statement). If I could make a list> qeue, but I think that would add complexity to it all (if it worked). AND THATS ABOUT IT BTW, HOW THE HELL DO I MAKE CODE BOXES?? Why don't we just kill the guys who write error messages. It'd make our lives a hell of a lot easier **************************** Gimme a break, I'm Just 13 (14 in JULY) [edited by - zackriggle on June 4, 2002 8:32:16 PM]

Code boxes are made with the [‍source] tag.

Since you are using the STL, you might as well use std::queue

#include <queue>

#include <list>

typedef std::queue<int, std::list<int> > Queue;

or just use a typedef for the list.

And you can make a list of lists by writing std::list<std::list<int> > with a space between the '> >'.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

[edited by - Fruny on June 4, 2002 8:37:18 PM]

[edited by - Fruny on June 4, 2002 8:39:29 PM]