Gang Wars Source Code Released

Started by
2 comments, last by KalvinB 21 years, 10 months ago
Gang Wars You can now download the full source code for Gang Wars (client and server) since I''m no longer interested in maintaining it as I have more important projects I''m working on. It''s a great basis for any MMORPG you''d like to do. It uses DirectX 7 for DirectSound, DirectInput, DirectDraw, Direct3D and DirectPlay. It needs a real map editor, an item editor and an account editor. I''m not releasing any editing tools because this is intended as a learning tool for how to create an MMORPG. Not a release for setting up a server out of the box. There''s also very little commenting in the source. If you use the source, all I ask is that you give proper credit in documentation included with your project with a plug for www.icarusindie.com If you create a map, improve the graphics, ect and need a host, e-mail me. However, I won''t host any modified clients or servers without the full compilable source. Ben IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | Programming | Gang Wars | The Wall | Hosting]
Advertisement
By the screenshots, it looks, eh, quite strange... were those just character sketches, was it in-game (that would be fun to control a sketch), or what?

COOLNESS!
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
The sketches from the screenshots are in game. As you can tell, I''m not an artist. That and I thought it''d be kind of a unqiue change. It''s also not intended to be a professional product. It''s intended to be a demo of what anyone could sit down and put together. It took me 10 days from design to release.

There are so many people who look into programming MMORPGs and all they can think is "Everquest" with huge budgets and insane processing power. Gang Wars lowers the bar significantly to make MMOG development a lot less daunting.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | DevZone | Gang Wars | The Wall | Hosting ]
haha, great joke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement