*really* basic OpenGL problem

Started by
14 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 1 month ago
I have all the right ingludes, trust me.

To have make the app I went into VC++ and chose to make a Win32 Console App (the one with the window with the windows logo inside it). I included ALL the right stuff...
It''s for UNIX? What the hell? Then what book should I buy? I need a book that assumes that the person knows ONLY C++, and nothing else.
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
The OpenGL Super Bible is in fact for OpenGL on Windows NT and Windows 95/98. (At least the book at ITKnowledge that I tipped you about. )

If you posted the exact error messages that you compiler gives you it would be easier to help you.
This is what i get after I type in the source code and try to build it...

--------------------Configuration: SmallestPossible - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16
Debug/SmallestPossible.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

SmallestPossible.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I hope this helps

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
You are using the wrong project. That error occurs when writing a console app in a regular windows app. You want the project with the window without the windows the logo inside.
The AP above is right. But just to clarify things, when you started your project you chose the "Win32 Application" type, you should have chosen "Win32 Console Application".
Are you serious? that was it?!? Lemme try it...

OH SWEET... OH YES, IT WORKED!!!!!! Thanks!!!! Geez.. I can''t believe it was THAT simple!!!! Thankyou so so so so so so so so so so very much!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement