What EXACTLY does interdev do?

Started by
5 comments, last by Avengelique 21 years, 10 months ago
in my quest to make a web based game I am looking at various tools. I''ve come to the conclusion that frontpage stinks and I''m better off doing the HTML for the actual pages, but I heard about this program and was curious about what it does exactly and whether I can make use of it. I will have to create a database for this program of course and thought it might have something to do with that but I thought I''d ask all you wonderful brainy-type people. gracias in advance!
{holds up cardboard sign}"Will Code for Food"
Advertisement
Interdev lets you see the website tree and gives you a choice of editing the pages in stupid frontpage mode or plain text mode.

You can also use/modify databases with interdev.

It does a lot of other stuff, but this is mainly what I use it for.
interdev also recognizes html tags with color highlighting (as per VC++). So if you are used to that kind of programming environment, you may like it. I''m not sure if I''d buy it just to have color formatting though.
oh hai
Interdev also (and IMO its primary purpose) gives you editing tools for Active Server Pages (ASP) scripting. It may be worth it if you''re writing server-side ASP, otherwise probably not.
well technically I already have it. or rather my boyfriend "professional program" has the full visual studio suite. As we share the same computer, I also have it. right now I"m just using visual basic portion right now to learn VB but when I looked the other day there were all kinds of programs I might make use of.
{holds up cardboard sign}"Will Code for Food"
I use Interdev at work, its used for all aspects of internet development. Its great as a script & (D)HTML editor, its got the usual ms interface which means theres a very small learning curve if your already familiar with MS dev products.
When it comes to databases this product really shines, its got drag and drop data access tools so if you dont want to go into scripting and asp you dont have to, but if your like me and need to code, its got a great editor. Its evan got XML support to some extent.

theres not alot i can say against interdev, its a pretty awsome product.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn''t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
-Mark Twain
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. -Mark Twain
Interdev is pretty much dead. It''s not in the new VisualStudio.Net, which integrates HTML stuff into the IDE. I think the new tools are a whole lot better.

Take care,
Bill

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement