Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

well here I am again with another wacked problem

This topic is 5673 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started using linux and wanted to use opengl so i looked into glut. I''m trying to do one of the programs but it wont compile right for every function, gl and glut it gives me /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:39: undefined reference to `glutInit'' /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:40: undefined reference to `glutInitDisplayMode'' /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:41: undefined reference to `glutCreateWindow'' /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:42: undefined reference to `glutDisplayFunc'' /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:44: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode'' /home/yoda/housething/housething/main.cpp:45: undefined reference to `glutMainLoop''

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <GL/glu.h>
#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glut.h>

void Render();

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  glutInit(&argc,argv);                                       //initializes the GLUT framework

glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGB | GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_DEPTH);   //sets up the display mode

glutCreateWindow("My first GLUT program");                  //creates a window

glutDisplayFunc(Render);                                    //specifies our redraw function

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
  glutMainLoop();

return EXIT_SUCCESS;

}

void Render(){

// do rendering

}

this is the entire program. i''ve never had this kinda of problem before i don''t think. I got the same message when using kdevelop or using gcc in the console.

Guest Anonymous Poster
are you sure you have glut and opengl installed?