elegant winProc

Started by
7 comments, last by lucinpub 21 years, 9 months ago
Hello again all. Awhile ago I found a win32 tutorial that had this really cool way to wrap up all of the calls that you would make in winProc into nice little macros or function calls. I think it was on gamedev, flipcode or gametutorials, but I cannot find it for the life of me. I have searched high and low, including my hard drive, but no luck. Any one else seen that tutorial or know of that technique? Thanks for any light you can shed.
Lucas Henekswww.ionforge.com
Advertisement
Try <windowsx.h>. It''s undocumented, but extremely useful. I can post an overview if you don''t understand what''s in there.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
not exactly what i had in mind, but worth looking at. Never thought to look in there for those macros, thanks.
For some reason I remember the macros being far less cryptic, ie extremely easy to understand.
bump
so what''s wrong with windowsx?

---
visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Beyond windowsx.h, I think you''ll have to provide some more descriptive information, maybe some pseudo code of what you remember from the tut.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
quote:Original post by IndirectX
so what''s wrong with windowsx?

Lol! Good question.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
How about ATL Window Classes? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/html/atlwindow.asp?frame=true
quote:Original post by lucinpub
Hello again all.
Awhile ago I found a win32 tutorial that had this really cool way to wrap up all of the calls that you would make in winProc into nice little macros or function calls. I think it was on gamedev, flipcode or gametutorials, but I cannot find it for the life of me. I have searched high and low, including my hard drive, but no luck. Any one else seen that tutorial or know of that technique? Thanks for any light you can shed.

Are you saying Win32 API wrappers??
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement