Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gamespy Code

This topic is 5669 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im writing an application that''s like Gamespy and GameRanger. Anyone know where I can find code or instruction on how to use popular retail games? I found a few old code spots, but I want to know if there is a standard or something. - Zedd

If the game use direct play, an external program can launch it very easily usualy. That''s how zone work for most (if not all, I dont know) games, that I tried on it.

Why did you ask the same question twice on one forum, there is thread 2 under this one that says "Game Integration" by you, and you ask he same question.

Guest Anonymous Poster
its called launching from the command line, you goober

Well usualy that doesnt get you in the battle room or the multiplayer equivalent for that game . True, a lot of game support launching the battleroom from the command line but Direct play also works better when it''s available.

I posted twice because I am impatient. :-) My apologies
I thought about DirectPlay, but the programs I am trying to integrate were done in open GL And Im not sure of the support.
And to the "goober" who thinks command lines are god''s save to integration. You still need to know the standard for the parameters. Thanks for your useless assistance. - Zedd

Gamespy, like the late Mplayer, works with the developer to allow support for their client. Gamespy needs to know command-line parameters so their launcher can fire up the game, and the developer needs Gamespy''s API for doing things like creating accounts (not used in all games).