Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predro66

what is A.I in games? PLEASE HELP

Zul    542
There are about a million articles linked to from this site (well at least a good handful) in the articles section. I suggest starting there:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=18

"I''ve never seen that. I''ve never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the side of the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick. I''ve never seen that."

IADaveMark    3741
I think that you can do you own assignment rather easily (rather than begging us to do it for you) by simply searching this site and others for articles. My suggestion would be the (cleverly named) "Articles & Resources" link at the top of the page. Thence, intuition may lead one to believe that the "Artificial Intelligence" link on the right side of the page would be a viable path down which to trod. After that, you are on your own doing that fascinating REQUIREMENT from most of our educational days... RESEARCH!

Dave Mark
President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm Development

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

fup    463
Dave, you must have some British blood in you? I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.

Stimulate

IADaveMark    3741
quote:
Original post by fup
Dave, you must have some British blood in you?
I''ve been accused of worse.

Actually, I can manage a rather passable British accent... however, my relatively attractive and intact dental work should make in intuitively obvious, even to the most casual observer, that I am not British in the least... so why don''t you just take your bloody sarcastic comments about my sarcasm and bugger off!

quote:
I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.
Then it would seem that you were in error, would it not?

Dave Mark

SnprBoB86    277
Way to tell that damn brit ;-)

Britian isn''t all that bad, but hey... the sun sets on the britsh empire pretty much all at the same time now huh?

-SniperBoB-

fup    463
quote:
Original post by InnocuousFox

[quote]I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.
Then it would seem that you were in error, would it not?

Never! (well alright, maybe a little bit..)

You must have learned your sophisticated wit from endless evenings spent analysing old videos of Benny Hill and the Goodies. Ah, such class. If only Oscar was still alive to see our finest...

Stimulate

rubenm    122
BLIEP stupid discussion BLIEP
Like to interfere BLIEP

British->
Strange humor those guys have, which I find very funny. Still they''re very frozen socially.

American->
Mostly think their country is the best. When I was in america they asked me: Do you have toilets in Holland? But I like their "bigness".

That''s just my opinion...

fup    463
[quote
British->
Strange humor those guys have, which I find very funny. Still they''re very frozen socially.

Hehe. You''re right there! (although strangely enough, we''re pretty good at partying)

Stimulate

IADaveMark    3741
How do you party with cuisine that is relatively devoid of taste? I can hear it now... "Oh, Clive? Smashing party, chap, but these snacks taste rather like unleaven bread. Do you think you could send the missus back into the kitchen to ''ave another go at it?"

Dave Mark

fup    463
cor blimey guvn''r. Didn''t yow know we eat uvver peoples grub!

You''ve some need to talk anyway sunshine. The nation that gave the world fast food and dunkin donuts...

Although I do like those KFC Zinger burgers. Yummy.

Stimulate

Timkin    864
quote:
How do you party with cuisine that is relatively devoid of taste?

American food is so over-flavoured it's unbearable. Your palettes have become desensitised from a young age so that foods from other nations taste bland! And you've got those stupid little signs up everwhere reminding me just how much fat is in my food. Something I REALLY don't care to know! That's what exercise is for!

Of course you're right in saying that British food is devoid of flavour: bangers and mash anyone? Yuck! Kippers on toast? Urgh.

...and the average Aussie doesn't have a cultured palette either! Don't ask what's in a meat pie!

Cheers,

Timkin

[edited by - Timkin on June 7, 2002 11:26:52 PM]

fup    463
kippers devoid of flavour?

I think you should try them. You can still taste the things three days after you''ve eaten them!

Stimulate

Timkin    864
quote:
Original post by fup
kippers devoid of flavour?

I think you should try them. You can still taste the things three days after you''ve eaten them!

That''s not flavour, that''s bile!

Jimmy The Nose    100
quote:
Actually, I can manage a rather passable British accent...

Which one? All British people fall into one of three categories: the rich toff, the cockney chimney sweep and the football hooligan. Which accent do you do?

There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don''t.

IADaveMark    3741
Actually, when I was in practice, I could do about 3 or 4 of the different accents. Now, I just take the middle class road.

(question to self: Are we off topic yet?)

Dave Mark

MENTAL    383
"How do you party with cuisine that is relatively devoid of taste?"

you dont need food to party. I would love to see an american/british drinking contest. us brits would wipe the floor with you. besides, seeing as britain is such a multiculture society nowadays, our cuisine ranges from bangers and mash to tandori chicken.

Incase you hadnt noticed, the majority of the "Party Islands" (ibiza being the main one) have a mostly british population. Oh, we also have the biggest club scene in the world.

Make all the jokes about britain you can, but just remember who''s language your speaking when you make them . And no, jokes about the royal family dont count cuz we find them funny, and, honestly, the americans have more of a facination about ol'' lizzy than we do.

One last thing - news flash america, monty python was a LONG LONG time ago over here. geez, get with the times already!

MENTAL

oh, and we have dentists too.

twysted    122
" I would love to see an american/british drinking contest. us brits would wipe the floor with you. "

But can you drink and outsmoke an american,,,, heeeeeeeeeeeellllll no. Pffff making comments about other countries u know nothing about, that''s what those people in Russia do. I got some welch (probably didn''t spell it right)blood in me, maybe that''s why i''m so eccentric and have hollow legs alcohol flows into.

sjdibble    122
So the American are getting the hang of sarcasm eh ! But still no movement on the irony front !

Actually, I think the the Americans probably could out drink the British... but only ''cos their beer is so weak. (Mind you, I know a story of a few Aussies drunk under the table on Fullers ESB)

Tally Ho chaps !!!!!!