what is A.I in games? PLEASE HELP

Started by
70 comments, last by predro66 21 years, 10 months ago
I f anyone nows the answer to question it would be much appreicated. I have to have assignment in by Monday. cheers
Advertisement
There are about a million articles linked to from this site (well at least a good handful) in the articles section. I suggest starting there:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=18

"I''ve never seen that. I''ve never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the side of the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick. I''ve never seen that."
oh hai
I think that you can do you own assignment rather easily (rather than begging us to do it for you) by simply searching this site and others for articles. My suggestion would be the (cleverly named) "Articles & Resources" link at the top of the page. Thence, intuition may lead one to believe that the "Artificial Intelligence" link on the right side of the page would be a viable path down which to trod. After that, you are on your own doing that fascinating REQUIREMENT from most of our educational days... RESEARCH!

Dave Mark
President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm Development

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

Dave, you must have some British blood in you? I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.

Stimulate
quote:Original post by fup
Dave, you must have some British blood in you?
I''ve been accused of worse.

Actually, I can manage a rather passable British accent... however, my relatively attractive and intact dental work should make in intuitively obvious, even to the most casual observer, that I am not British in the least... so why don''t you just take your bloody sarcastic comments about my sarcasm and bugger off!

quote:I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.
Then it would seem that you were in error, would it not?

Dave Mark
President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm Development

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

Way to tell that damn brit ;-)

Britian isn''t all that bad, but hey... the sun sets on the britsh empire pretty much all at the same time now huh?

-SniperBoB-
you tell that damn brit!.... doh!...
quote:Original post by InnocuousFox

I have always thought it impossible for a true blooded American to learn the finer points of sarcasm.
Then it would seem that you were in error, would it not?

Never! (well alright, maybe a little bit..)

You must have learned your sophisticated wit from endless evenings spent analysing old videos of Benny Hill and the Goodies. Ah, such class. If only Oscar was still alive to see our finest…

Stimulate
Bah, face it... Yanks AND Brits would all rather live in Australia!

8^P

Timkin
BLIEP stupid discussion BLIEP
Like to interfere BLIEP

British->
Strange humor those guys have, which I find very funny. Still they''re very frozen socially.

American->
Mostly think their country is the best. When I was in america they asked me: Do you have toilets in Holland? But I like their "bigness".

That''s just my opinion...

Never think you are great, for you did not create yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement