20 bucks if know where my lighting went.

Started by
14 comments, last by Nekhmet 21 years, 10 months ago
Lucky, if you got garbage result. When I first was playing with multitexturing I also tried your way D3DFVF_TEX1 | D3DFVF_TEX2 in my Vertex Format and it would restart my computer :''(
Advertisement
Lucky, if you got garbage result. When I first was playing with multitexturing I also tried D3DFVF_TEX1 | D3DFVF_TEX2 in my Vertex Format and it would restart my computer and then screw up my source file hah was definitly a fun error ...:''(
Oh, don''t feel too great for me. I''ve been getting 2-3 BSODs a day since I started converting my code from OpenGL to DirectX.

- Josh
quote:Original post by Nekhmet
BTW, I''ve noticed that this is a recurring feature of D3D - when I make a mistake, it doesn''t return an error code. Instead, it BSODs, or it garbles the results. Is this a problem with the NVidia DirectX driver, or is it a problem with D3D in general?

It''s a problem with you. Check the ''DX debug mode'' thread to see what you''ve been missing.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Nekhmet, save your $20 and put it toward an MSDN subscription. All I did was a search on "D3DFVF_TEX2" and read a few blurbs about it, and then extrapolated from your original mail what you might be doing wrong... then when you posted your code that confirmed it.

As for BSODs... what operating system are you working on? This mistake in particular can easily result in an Access Violation, which on Win98/ME will often crash the computer. Even on Win2K/XP you can put the machine in an unusable state because of DirectX. Connecting to the machine remotely and being able to kill processes remotely will help a great deal.
I''m using win2k.

I realized after reading some of the comments here that I wasn''t using the debug version of the driver. That may help.

- Josh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement