Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alload

I must be misuing the stencil buffer

Alload    122
I''m trying to implement the shadow stencil volume method reversed in my engine, but it doesn''t work at all... I have tested my shadow volumes separately to see if they were wrongs, but they seem fines thus I must misuse the stencil buffer. Could you have a look at my algorithm? All the flags which aren''t mentioned are set to default. Clear(0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER | D3DCLEAR_STENCIL, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 0), 1, 0); //Render ambient color to fill the z buffer SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILENABLE, FALSE); RenderScene(); //Fill the stencil buffer with the shadowed area SetRenderState(D3DRS_COLORWRITEENABLE, 0); SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZWRITEENABLE, FALSE); SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILENABLE, TRUE); SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_CW); SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILZFAIL, D3DSTENCILOP_INCR); RenderShadowVolumes(); SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_CCW); SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILZFAIL, D3DSTENCILOP_DECR); RenderShadowVolumes(); //Render the lighted part of the scene SetRenderState(D3DRS_COLORWRITEENABLE, 0x0000000F); SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZWRITEENABLE, TRUE); SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILZFAIL, D3DSTENCILOP_KEEP); SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILFUNC, D3DCMP_EQUAL); RenderSceneWithLight(); //Set back render state value SetRenderState(D3DRS_STENCILFUNC, D3DCMP_ALWAYS);