Engine demo, please test for me

Started by
21 comments, last by kajjait 21 years, 10 months ago
Demo - 1.2 MB Please test this demo out for me, because my friend sent me this screenshot and i was wondering why the hell it happened on his machine and not mine, and another friend of mines machine [edited by - kajjait on June 6, 2002 6:34:35 PM] (sorry the link is down but what is happening is its not rendering the whole terrain,theres a black line going down the skybox) [edited by - kajjait on June 6, 2002 7:48:10 PM]
Advertisement
It worked fine for me. It''s tanish terrain with a weird skybox image in the background. Everything is good here.

Celeron 374
VooDoo 3 2000 PCI
192 MB RAM

Horny Farmer (Jolly Rancher)
it looks like this right?

i hope.. heh

[edited by - kajjait on June 6, 2002 8:12:49 PM]
Works for me, looks just like the screen shot you posted in the second post. Nice use of Half-Life''s XEN skymaps hehe.
------------------------"If it says it loves me, how can it be a virus?"
It works fine for me, but I get black lines on edges of the skybox. However, www.gametutorials.com supposedly has a tutorial that shows how to get rid of this (though I haven''t had time to check it out myself).

Oh, one question, why the hidden car ?
pplante: first person that has tested it and noticed its from half-life :D

sibbo: yes i know, I fixed the blacklines now, and the hidden car is my temporary "space ship" untill i can find someone who will make me a nice one :D
I get the corruption, here''s my screenshot:
blarg_screen.jpg

Radeon 8500, 6071 drivers.

---------------------------

I hate have to split some cost of something between three people when you are out to buy something and not being able to do the split correctly due to our inferior base-10 system. -- felonius
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner
yakuza: hmmmmm this happened to my friend too, he has a radeon 8500 :[ doh
Try turning off Backface culling [BFC] and see if that solves the problem for the Radeon 8500. (default should be on)

If it does, then maybe the Verticies aren''t being specified in the right order for that hardware (or any hardware for that matter, maybe BFC is off on other cards). (Very possible if this is a procedural terrain).

This would also depend if you are rendering this on a Triangle strip. Rendering on a Triangle strip automatically switches the vertice order from CW to CCW for every triangle. In that patch, the order may be off on about 30 triangles at different intervals through out the strip. Like a broken christmas tree light, only some of the broken ones will line the the list back up correctly.

These are merely ideas to help you figure this out.
i think it may be because im using triangle strips so i uploaded a new exe that uses quad strips.. anyone with a radeon 8500 please download the 1.2 mb demo and the patch here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement