Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluid FX

to load a level...

i was wondering, when you want to load a hugh level... and you use a vertex buffer yes? how would you do multi textures.. is it like, you init all the vertexes and stuff, load the textures, make sure all the coordinates from the same texture are after each other in the vertex buffer, keep an array or something that tells you where which texture starts/ends, and then "switch" textures in the "renderscene()" and tell it to draw from point A to B that you putted in your array? please it''s a bit a messy story, thats why it''s not clear to me thank you if you can help, ask me for more details when not totally ehm "understanding" Greetz Fluïd FX

ok sorry i did not know there was an reply

but if you put it in a vertexbuffer it would be faster right? then, you should keep a "memory" which points use which texture..
so if you do this, should you then not order the points so that it only switches one time to each texture, like:

for(int i=0;i<=texturecount;i++){
settexture(0,texture);

for(int j=memoryarray[i].start;j<=memoryarray[i].end;j++){

then what?? i mean, should you draw draw all the points from start to end? or sort them out, which belongs to which, (like a wall has 4 points but the vertex buffer has 100 points in it) should you call em each seperate, each object itself? or can you draw it all in once..

My thanks,
Fluid FX

[edited by - Fluid FX on June 12, 2002 7:45:04 AM]