Computer crashing on openGL call...

Started by
2 comments, last by Floating 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi, My openGL application works fine except that sometimes the application is crashing very badly after instructions like glDisable(GL_LINE_STIPPLE); or glCallLists(t.GetLength(),GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,t); This happens in some special multiple viewport-configuration and not everytime. Windows doesn''t give me an error message, it just hangs up and there''s nothing else to do than to restart the computer. I searched a lot but couldn''t find where I was doing a mistake. I finally tried to disable hardware rendering and noticed with surprise that my application never crashed again. So my question is: Is it my fault, or is it the graphic card''s fault or the graphic card''s driver fault? My graphic controller is: Intel 82815 With glGetString(GL_RENDERER) I get: Intel Solano With glGetString(GL_VERSION) I get: 1.1.2-Build 4.13.01.2772 And I don''t use any extension On another computer (with another graphic card) my application never crashes.
Advertisement
I''d blame it on the video card''s drivers based up that information.

Intel 82815
Using one of those, aren''t most operations done in the software anyways...
I''d say something is screwy with your drivers, not the card.

------------
aud.vze.com - The Audacious Engine <-- Newbie alert, look at your own risk. Can induce severe laughing fits and other variations of hysterical outburst.
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Thanks for the replies!
I''ll buy a new graphic card

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement