Engine structure

Started by
1 comment, last by DXplayah 21 years, 10 months ago
Could anyone point me to examples/resources on a good engine structure? I''m creating an engine for demo/game purpose. Currently I''ve started to work on this modell 1 class for initialisation 1 class for rendering 1 class for object handling Later on when i need I will probably add stuff like input class, particle class etc. I''m having a bit of a problem on how I''m supposed to structure and setup rendering and object classes though etc so I''d like to see how others have done this codewise.
Advertisement
Programming RPG''s with DirectX!!! Get it and get it quick. So far as I''m aware, and through limited experience, I can say that it runs through almost all necessary structures to create a 3d or 2D engine with or without networking, all with functional player classes, script handling and so on... everything you could need basically. Despite the fact its aimed at making RPG''s a lot of the concepts could apply equally well to many other game genres so it should suit your needs.
Cheers,SteveLiquidigital Online
Hmmm... I don''t know if you wanted any critique on the class structure you shared, so there is just one thing I want to say.

As far as a class for initialisation goes, I am guessing you mean it sets up directX and so forth. I really think that should be in your graphics class. Now, the one case I can see a initilisation class being useful is in a polymorphic sense, where it holds a virtual function Init(), that is used by all classes that need to intialise at one point or another.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement